Страницы

понедельник, 15 февраля 2016 г.

TRAVELLING
 1.       Let’s talk about travelling. Why is it so popular all over the world?
           Nowadays people on our planet can’t live without travelling. People travel on business, to see their relatives and friends or to change the scenes. The last type of travelling is called tourism. There are many kinds of tourism: domestic and international, ecotourism and adventure tourism and so on.
           Different people travel for different reasons. They want to learn about new places and different lifestyles. Some people want to see historical places, ancient ruins and medieval castles and learn about the culture, traditions and history of the country. Others prefer active or adventure holidays, such as rafting or hiking. Nature-lovers are eager to admire spectacular scenery, stunning views and magnificent natural wonders: waterfalls, beaches, rainforests, snow-capped peaks and sparkling lakes.  There are people who enjoy relaxing on a beach or taking a cruise of the Mediterranean. Still there are travelers who like spending their holidays in luxurious hotels with lots of extra facilities, such as gyms, spas and swimming pools.
        When you are visiting a country you must catch a glimpse of all the places to visit. Don’t forget to try the national cuisine, because it gives you a lot of information about the land and its history and traditions.
 A wise proverb says: “The world is a book, and those who do not travel are reading only a page”. Travel broadens your mind, giving first-hand experience and unforgettable impressions.
2.       What types of holidays do you prefer and why?
      I prefer package holidays, because if you buy a tour you don’t have to worry about anything. Food, tickets, hotel fees, trips and everything else is included. Moreover, if you have any problems, the guide will help you. It is very important, especially if you don’t know foreign languages. Also you know that you don’t have to look for a hotel in the evening when you are tired; you don’t have to look for a restaurant in an unknown place and so on. Personally, I am always scared that I will run out of money if I travel by myself. So all in all buying a package tour is very convenient.
    I like self-catering holidays. When I travel, I don’t want to be in a group, because there will always be noisy children or slow and boring people there. You can also save money, because travel agents often choose more expensive tickets and hotels. A travel company will not steal my money. I can visit the places that I want to see.
3.       Do you have a favourite place you have been to?
    I can’t say that I am a globetrotter, but I really enjoy travelling. I am fond of visiting ancient cities in Europe. I have been to many popular tourist destinations: Paris, London, Prague, Moscow and so on. But my favourite place was London. It is an ancient and a modern city at the same time. There are hundreds of places of interest there: St. Paul’s Cathedral, Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, the Houses of Parliament, Madame Tussaud’s Museum, the London Eye, the Gurken, etc. Most of all I enjoyed seeing Big Ben. It is one of the most symbolic places in the world. If I have a chance I will go to Britain again, because it offers tourists a unique chance to taste history.
4.       Can you recommend foreign tourists any places in Belarus?
    I think that Belarus can offer tourists a lot of wonderful places. Of course, the first city they should go to is Minsk. It is the capital of our country. There are many museums, theatres and galleries there. Also the National Library is one of the most famous modern landmarks in Europe. Grodno is an ancient city with a lot of tourist attractions. They should visit the Old and New Castles with their museums, the very modern Drama Theatre, the unique Church of Boris and Gleb and other churches of different historical periods. Grodno has the largest numbers of historical places in Belarus.

5.       What questions will you ask a travel agent about your trip?

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий