Страницы

пятница, 31 января 2014 г.

My Home Is My Castle

“My home is my castle” is the famous English proverb,  meaning that every person should feel safe and secure at home.
I live in a humonguous block of flats on the outskirts of Grodno. My house is well-located, because you can find a lot of shops and cafes around it. The house is also close to a bus and trolleybus station and public transport can take you to any part of our city. Next to my house there is a small park with a pond.
The house is made of bricks, which makes it very warm and cosy. There are 2 spacious bedrooms, an airy living-room, a bathroom and a separate WC, and a balcony. The kitchen is tiny, though. Of course, we don’t have a garage, but near the house you can find a small garden with a cute white fence.
The house is fully furnished. It also has all the modern conveniences: central heating, hot and cold running water, a lift (so you don’t have to use the stairs, double glazing, built-in wardrobes, a fitted kitchen and so on. Our flat is also fully equipped: you can find a fridge, a microwave oven, a blender and other household appliances in the kitchen. I like doing my household chores, because we have so many clever machines.
We’ve recently renovated our flat, but it is quite modern, so it only needed some minor repairs.
I have my own room. It is spacious and comfortable. In my room I have a sofa, a desk, a wardrobe and a computer. I can find everything for my studies and rest there.

I can’t say that my flat is luxurious or overpriced. But it is well-maintained. But more importantly, it’s the place where I feel at home. It is truly my castle.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий